This Friday and for one night only, artists, dancers and musicians will stop traffic and transform Store Street into a public stage for live performance. Step Out Store Street, Bloomsbury Festival’s night-time street party with a twist, is back by popular demand with a jam-packed programme of creative experiences for all ages and tastes.
As well as cocktails from Bloomsbury Hotel, artistic fire sculptures by pa-BOOM, live music throughout the evening on a fire-lit stage and a selection of international food stalls, a dance floor will be kept busy with different dance styles from Capoeira and Tango to Swing and Bollywood – watch, marvel or join in.
A new street dance created by award-winning choreographer Tony Adigun and his Avant Garde Youth Dance Company will be premiered, and each shop and café along the street will host a different arts and culture activity:
• Take in a floral-themed poetry reading at Orchidya by Bloomsbury-based poets Stephanie Gerra and Em Fleming
• Combine exercise with a healthy, tasty treat in a bike-powered smoothie maker, courtesy of Planet Organic at Cloud 9 Cycles
• Make your very own Day of the Dead inspired flower crown at Caffè Paradiso, with Paperchase
• Take a glimpse of the shortlisted images designed by Central Saint Martins students for the Bloomsbury Festival competition housed at Store Street Espresso
• Visit Decadence Salon’s Living Library, the only library where books can talk back
• Come and have your portrait drawn for free by a Bloomsbury artist at Store Street Framing
• Get a taster 15-minute session of tarot reading at Treadwell’s
• Grab a bite of Greek food at The Life Goddess and enjoy the mesmerising sounds of jazz guitarist Andrew Button
• If you’ve always dreamt of becoming a rock star, learn some new skills by trialling the array of instruments at Footes
• See a virtual reality calligraphy performance at China Design Centre
To check out the full programme of the event, visit here http://bit.ly/2eFfnPd
Step Out Store Street is free for everyone to enjoy.
We look forward to seeing you there from 6:30pm.