We’ve officially waved goodbye to Christmas and embarked on a New Year, so why not kick-start 2017 with ‘magical’ new experiences to spark the imagination.
Here’s our top picks of January courses and workshops hosted by Treadwell’s – Store Street’s boutique bookshop specialising in all manner of magic, esoteric and the occult:
• Temple of Levanah: This meditative circle draws on the Western mystery tradition and Buddhist practice. An evening of guided meditation, mindfulness practice, together with discussion and sharing will give insightful experiences to assist in the journey to personal wholeness. On Thursday 12th January, price £10
• New Year’s Personal Numerology: Bennie Mayberry, a professional numerologist, will host a practical workshop on numerology – an esoteric practice of working with fortunate numbers which goes back millenia. Bennie will help guests determine their personal number for 2017 and the theme for the year. On Tuesday 17th January, price £20
• Making Zodiac Perfume Oils: Tanya Moulding, a historic perfume expert, who explores plants and their relationship to the zodiac signs and planets, will enable you to create your unique scent to take home. On Sunday 22nd January, price £70
• Tarot Intermediate Course: If you already know the basics of tarot reading and want to go one step further, this eight-week course will sharpen your skills and understanding, and will give you more hands-on practice. Starting on Tuesday 24th January, price £210
• Oscar Wilde’s Supernatural: Join Treadwell’s team for a magical evening exploring Oscar Wilde’s engagement with the supernatural: his visits to psychics and his encounter with an Italian witch during his time with British author and poet Alfred Douglas. On Thursday 26th January, price £8
For more information on all events and courses at Treadwell’s or to book your place, visit here