London Festival of Architecture returns to our capital in June with an exciting 30-day programme of walks, talks and exhibitions, digging into this year’s theme of ‘Community’ and celebrating London as a global hub of architectural eccentricity.
Store Street’s New London Architecture is joining the celebrations with Grow:Store, a prototype Modula System of temporary community growing space, where enterprise and food can be grown together. Events will animate Store Street South Crescent throughout the festival where you can learn practical tips on how to grow your own edibles, among these other highlights:
• Soapbox Talks is a series of talks exploring why growing matters, how well-designed public realm benefits communities and lots more. Each Friday of June, Prices to be announced
• Grow:Store Growing Workshop is a lunchtime workshop which includes an in-depth tour of the Grow:Store and lessons on how to create your own outdoor growing space. 8th June, 13:15-13:45, Free to attend, booking essential
• What is a Community? Capital Ideas for London will host a series of speakers putting forward their ‘big idea’ for shaping London’s communities during an evening of presentations. Ideas will be either hypothetical but realistic or innovative projects currently underway – in any case be ready to be impressed. 28th June, 18:30-20:30, Prices to be announced
• Listening to Londoners – Community engagement in development is a Breakfast Talk discussing hot topics such as community involvement in planning stages within London’s key development areas. 3rd June 2016, 08:30-10:00, Free to attend, booking essential
• London Festival of Architecture Walking Tours are special walks by NLA, exploring projects across the capital encouraging community growth in areas of huge development such as Fitzrovia and King’s Cross St Pancras. Each Saturday of June, from £14-£18
And there’s much more to see and do throughout London Festival of Architecture – check out the full programme here www.londonfestivalofarchitecture.org